Kayak The Guyandotte River
The Mullens Opportunity Center has a river access for kayak’s and small floats.
The Guyandotte Water Trail is a recreational trail for non-motorized boaters and fishermen. It stretches 160 miles from Wyoming County to Cabell County, WV
We will have a depth monitor staged at the access ramp behind M.O.C. for kayak riders to know how deep initially the river will be for rafting and kayaking.
To access the Guyandotte Water Trail Official Website, Please visit https://guyandottewatertrail.com/
- Mullens, West Virginia, sponsored by the Rural Appalachian Improvement League, with the put-in location at the Mullens Opportunity Center.
- Gilbert, West Virginia, sponsored by the Town of Gilbert and Gilbert Convention and Visitors Bureau, with the put-in location at the Ned’s Branch Bridge.
- Logan, West Virginia, sponsored by the Logan Lions Club, with the put-in location at Peach Creek.
- Branchland, West Virginia, sponsored by Branchland Yacht Club, with the put-in location at the Branchland Park.
- Barboursville, West Virginia, sponsored by the Village of Barboursville, with the put-in location at the Barboursville Park.
The Guyandotte Water Trail Alliance, the National Coal Heritage Area Authority, and Cabell Huntington Hospital are chief sponsors of the regatta.
For more information, please visit www.guyandottewatertrail.com or call the National Coal Heritage office at 304-465-3720.